The allure of cannabis lies in large measure in the interplay of chemicals such as THC, CBG, CBN, and CBC. The mix of acids and chemical compounds present in weed differs from one strain to another. Throw hybrids in the mix and you, the cannabis aficionado, cannot but see the endless possibilities of creating varieties with different cannabinoid content. Usually, THC and CBD are the most abundantly chemicals in weed.
The final chemical makeup of a strain depends upon soil, phenotype, and cultivation technique adopted. Here’s a breakup of strains that contain higher than average quantities of CBG, CBN, and CBC, respectively.
Marijuana Varieties with Higher Percentage of CBN
Many strains of Indica contain CBN, which is known for its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also a soporific and an appetite stimulant. CBN-containing weed is easily obtained in dispensaries because of the many uses that CBN can be put to. Cannabis that is harvested later than usual yields higher CBN content in the cured flower. This is not difficult to understand because CBN is created when THC breaks down.
1. Animal Cookies – This is a hybrid created from Girl Scout Cookies and Fire OG. It features an earthy, sweet and sour aroma and is a heavy sedative. It’s a great choice for those looking to move away from painkillers to cure chronic pain. Also, ideal for insomniacs desperate for some shuteye.
2. Ace of Spades – It descends from Black Cherry Soda and Jack the Ripper and is another Indica-heavy strain. It has a distinct citrus flavor that instantly appeals to newbies and veteran ganja lovers. This strain is a relaxant and a stress reliever.
Marijuana Varieties with Higher Percentage of CBG
Unlike THC, CBG is not a psychoactive compound and is usually found in very small amounts in cannabis. While CBN is derived from THC, this compound is actually a precursor to THC. It is used in medicine to reduce intraocular pressure, bowel inflammation, and muscle ache. Since CBG totally lacks any psychoactive effects, it is used extensively for medical purposes.
1. Magic Jordan has an air of mystery about it because no one has been able to chart out its lineage. It originates from some Hawaiian strains, that’s all we know. It has a very high concentration of CBG and is a safe bet for treating insomnia. Its potency is described as mid-level. Its flavor profile is earthy, citrus, and minty.
2. Destroyer has more THC than most cannabis varieties. It is a pure Sativa, created by crossing Meao Thai and a Mexican cross. It is also loaded with CBG. Go with Destroyer if you wish to boost alertness and focus. It is used medicinally to treat cramps, depression, and stress.
3. Allen Wrench does justice to its name. It creates a powerful buzz in the head. This fruit-scented aromatic weed derives from Trainwreck and NYC Diesel. It’s not the most THC-packed strain out there. If you’re looking for a smoke to give you that burst of energy and uplifts your mood, then you’ll love Allen Wrench.
Marijuana Varieties with Higher Percentage of CBC
Little is known about CBC and this particular cannabinoid has been doing its thing under the radar for some time. However, over time it has gained fame for being a very useful antidepressant.
3 Kings, a derivative of Sour Diesel, OG Kush, and Headband, is as potent a Sativa that you can hope to consume. It is a pain reliever and helps control nausea.