All the good old fashioned homemade recipes for cookies, cake, and brownies call for butter! Butter is also called for in many savory dishes as well as used on morning toast. If you prefer edibles over smoking, or you just love all forms of cannabis we have a recipe for you today that will infuse cannabis and butter to use for anything you like.
Recipe for Canna-Butter:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
– 1 US pound (16 US ounces) of unsalted butter
– 1 US cup (8 US ounces) of water
You will need to add more water as needed
– 1/8 US cup (1 US ounce) of ground cannabis flower
If you want a stronger, more potent batch use 1.5 US ounces of high-quality cannabis trim.
– Cheese Cloth or Fine Mesh Strainer
– Glass Container for Storage
You can make this cannabis butter on the stove or in a slow cooker. Personally the slow cooker method is easier in my opinion, especially because I don’t have to deal with fire! If you don’t have a slow cooker….I recommend picking one up. They are inexpensive and so great for making slow cooker mac-n-cheese.
Ok, back to the recipe.
SLOW COOKER METHOD
– Set your slow cooker to LOW and put in your ingredients (unsalted butter, water, and cannabis, either the flowers or trim.
– Cover up your slow cooker and set a timer for 8-24 hours. If you want the cannabis to better infuse let it go low and slow for a long time. Remember to stir every so often…if you’re going to smoke while doing this maybe set a few alarms.
STOVE TOP METHOD
– Add water and butter to a large pot and let the butter begin to melt and simmer on low heat. Make sure to add some water as needed to keep from scorching the butter.
– When the butter has melted, add in your cannabis and stir it in.
– Keep the heat low and let your mixture simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring every so often. Be sure to never let the mixture come to a boil.
FINISHING YOUR CANNA-BUTTER
– Set up your straining station with your glass container. Place the cheesecloth/fine mesh strainer in the bowl and make sure it is secure.
– Carefully remove the mixture from stove or slow cooker and slowly pour over your choice of straining device. Once mixture has been fully poured out squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible (this is your butter!) and discard the remaining plant materials.
– Cover your canna-butter and place in the refrigerator over night or until it has hardened completely. You will see that the butter has separated from the water. Remove the hardened butter and discard the leftover water.
– To keep butter fresh store in the refrigerator. When you want to use your butter be sure to leave it out at room temperature to soften. NEVER soften your canna-butter in the microwave.
There you have it. A simple way to make your own cannabis infused butter. You can use this in any recipe that calls for butter or just put some on top of your pancakes in the morning and ENJOY!